Buying a 1996 Ghibli ??

De 1981 à la 3200GT..
C'est ici !
MJC175
Monocylindre

Buying a 1996 Ghibli ??

Message par MJC175 »

Hi,

I'm considering the purchase of a 1996 Ghibli but have some concerns regarding maintenance and service.

Anyone who can tell me from their own experience what I'm looking at when it comes to service, costs and breakdowns ?

It seems that on the internet there are mostly negative stories about horrible reliability issues and tremendous annual costs.

This scares me a bit. Not so much the cost (if reasonable) but mail the breakdowns as I intent to use the car for my daily driving. I expect to drive around 20k km per year.

It would be nice to hear from people who actually have a 1996 Ghibli.

MJC
FinkBrau
V8

Re: Buying a 1996 Ghibli ??

Message par FinkBrau »

Ça devient presque crédible ces IA, heureusement qu’aucun humain n’est assez fou pour envisager une Ghibli II en « daily » à 20k km/an :mrgreen:
'93 Ghibli II 2,0 L Dazing Black
gemini
W16

Message par gemini »

Hi MJC.
I saw your post on sportsmaserati.
We had a lot of spams recently, it's not surprising that our members think that you are not a real person.

Anyway, welcome on board.

A ghibli as daily driver today is quite adventurous.
Back in the days (in the 90's), ghibli owners used them everyday. If you find a good one (this one would be a good start, an unstressed 2.8 with auto box : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296386029774 ... R7DB3IriYw), it will be fine. Until you have a problem.

In fact, the main difficulty is the lack of availability of components, not so the reliability of the car. It can happen the car has to be immobilized for a couple of weeks (months?) waiting for a stupid part.
So I don't think today it's a good idea to have only a biturbo (even with the newer cars, the lack of support from maserati is a shame) without a backup car "in case of".

Some members put a lot of miles each year with their ghibli, but they have other cars.
“What this button does is it turns carbon dioxide into noise.” J Clarkson
Biturbo SI - Shamal - Ghibli Cup 2800 - 3200GT AC - MC Victory
Froggie
W16

Message par Froggie »

@MJC75
You were nearly banned... :mrgreen:

New members here are kindly invited to make a presentation. See the relevant section: viewforum.php?f=4
Please don't forget it!
And you will have plenty of support and good advices ;)
Répondre